Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm Baaack!

Wow! It's been a few years since I've blogged, and a lot has changed! I pretty much stopped cooking in general when I became pregnant with our wonderful daughter, Ruby. She is now 9 months old and we're completely in love :) When I was pregnant, I had a really hard time eating anything in general with smells as mild as oatmeal making me run to the bathroom. I was pretty bummed that I didn't have any food cravings or the desire to eat whatever I wanted, but instead had a million food aversions.
Now, I'm back to being a stay-at-home mama to a daughter with allergies to all dairy and soy. While it's been an adventure cutting out both from my diet (I nurse), it has definitely been a blessing to learn about how to cook and eat whole, real foods! I thought it would be fun to get back to the old blog and share the hits and duds along the way.
So basically, I will be sharing recipes of interesting, whole food meals that I feel comfortable sharing with my daughter, both from an allergy and health perspective. My goal is to teach my daughter to love food with a variety of flavors and textures at a young age so that she won't reject them altogether as a toddler. In addition, I hope to get over my own veggie phobias and embrace foods from other cultures while on a budget! By the way, my shopping budget has increased from $20/week to $50/week due to an additional mouth to feed and a desire to avoid processed food while shopping more seasonally, locally, and healthily. I typically do 95% of my shopping at Sprouts and 5% at Trader Joe's.
I look forward to getting back to the world of blogging and hope to hear some great tips and feedback from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment