Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A New Spin on Nuggets!

Tonight I was in the mood for something a little different but wanted to make Sam one of his favorites, my lemon chicken. So I whipped together this new little recipe I call Lemon Chicken Nuggets! And they actually turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself ;) Below is the recipe, and please note, I have pictures finally! w00t.
As a side dish, I tried to do the Pinterest potato deal where you make really thin slices and bake them so that you practically get a potato full of potato chips. This was my third attempt, and yet again, the "chips" came out like mushy potato slices. I tried individually covering the slices with olive oil and pulling them apart, I tried baking them extra long, I tried at a high temperature, and nothing seems to work! Am I missing something here, or has everyone else had issues? Let me know!

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins (or their equivalent)
2 slices of Bread (older is probably better)
Adobo seasoning (or a similar all-purpose seasoning)
2 finely diced cloves of Garlic
3 Tbsps. melted Butter
2 Tbsps. Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Grated Parmesean Cheese

First, break apart the bread pieces into small chunks, place them on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with the Adobo seasoning. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees until crunchy, or for about 10 minutes.


Take your bread chunkss and smash them to smithereens (I like to use the bottom side of a cup)! Mix the bread crumbs, diced garlic, and cheese in a small bowl. Combine the melted butter and lemon juice in a separate small bowl. Next, cut your chicken into nugget pieces about 1inch long/wide.

 
 
Take the pieces of chicken, cover them with the butter/lemon mixture, and then roll in the bread crumb mixture. Place in a greased glass baking dish and repeat.
 
 


Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until juices run clear. Eat fresh and enjoy!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment